.widget.ContactForm { display: none; }

Friday, May 1, 2015

Review: Rise (Cold Mark Saga #4) by Scarlett Dawn

Rise (Cold Mark, #4)
by Scarlett Dawn
Genre: New Adult Paranormal Romance
Publication Date: April 10th, 2015

Purchase your copy at Amazon

Synopsis:  
Braita Valorn has found herself in another precarious situation. A battle rages on the shores of Joyal and the Mian are shaking the sand with their war cries. Trapped below ground inside the President's bunker, Braita isn't even safe.

When steel doors are blown and gunfire erupts, Human blood floods the ground. The Mian won't stop. They'll never give up the fight until they're satisfied.

Judgments are made, an archaic stand within Mian laws, and Braita finds herself charged with treason. But never one to sit during a battle, she risks her last chance of release on one set of Plumas. 

Will Braita find herself in more trouble of her own making or will she rise past atrocity to obtain her freedom?

My Review: Such an addicting story I just wish there was more every time I finish. The characters are hard not to love, Braita is such a strong female lead I love reading every minute of her crazy adventure. I have decided that I am not meant to read books that only release in short snippets. I get so into the story and then it feels like its over before it even begins. Yes it is nice that you can finish each story in one sitting but for some reason reading such short pieces of a story makes it harder for me to retain and understand what is happening in the next installment

As a whole piece I love this world Scarlett Dawn has created, it has such a unique feel to it.  I have never been disappointed in her work, each world she creates is unlike anything else I have read, each uniquely her own. I would give this series as a whole 5 stars, but in pieces like this I would say there is almost not enough to go off of. I will continue to read this series because I do enjoy it, but if you're like me and like a little more to the story I would wait for all the books to release and read them all at once. The final installment to the Cold Mark Saga, Soar, is expected to release June 20th.


No comments:

Post a Comment