.widget.ContactForm { display: none; }

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Review: Destined to Kill by Jourdyn Kelly

Destined to Kill
by Jourdyn Kelly
Publication Date: May 21st, 2013
Genre: Young Adult Paranormal
Pages: 376
Purchase your copy today:
Amazon / Barnes & Noble

Synopsis: Immortality. Humans would sell their soul for it. Immortals would steal souls to keep it. Infinite life is too seductive and powerful to resist. But, immortality is more like a bad drug habit than a gift. Immortals can't give it up because after living for so long, they don't know how to face death. You see, living forever isn't all it's cracked up to be. Sure, you have your pros, but it's the cons that can make an Immortal wish for a death that will never come.

Anala Geil is a Hunter. She is bound by the rules of the Society. The rules are few, but they are strong. What happens when circumstances force her to break them all?

My Thoughts: Such a great plot, it grabbed me from the very beginning!!  Anala grows up in a society who hunt "cursed", or vampires, and after an unexpected accident she is left changed forever. After 600 years without vampires, except for Anala, a new group begins to form out of nowhere leaving Anala no other option than to bring together a group of hunters to train. I loved the main character, Anala, a vampire struggling with her humanity who hunts other vampires. She has such a strong personality and doesn't take crap from anyone! I actually ended up having a dream last night about the book, which never happens, where I was Anala out hunting, that's how much this book stuck with me! (or maybe I was just really tired after reading?) 

I love reading a book about vampires where the author gives you a new explanation for how vampires came into existence. For me it always gives the story that little extra, whenever there is a history to the plot, I just eat it up! I could not stop reading, each character the author created has such a unique and, for the most part, like-able personality! Almost making you want to be apart of the group of hunters. Jourdyn Kelly, the author, leaves you hanging at the end with a cliff hanger leaving you wanting more!! Luckily Destined to Love the second book in the series is already out and ready for me to read!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment