.widget.ContactForm { display: none; }

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Vampire Academy Movie



First let me just say that I LOVE the Vampire Academy book series and the the spin-off Bloodlines by Richelle Mead!! So when I found out there was going to be a movie I was pretty excited!!

You can tell from the previews alone that the movie probably was not going to be very good.  I was trying to keep a positive outlook even though the previews made the movie look nothing like the books, but I saw it anyway and it was TERRIBLE!!! Which is super upsetting because I am sure there will not be a second one after they bombed the first.  The movie was all over the place, touching on main parts to the plot but accomplishing nothing for the story. It was to the point that I was just laughing at how ridiculous the movie was compared to the book, it's like they were trying to make it fail!

There is no way that the guy playing Dimitri looks anything like what they described in the book, do not get me wrong I loved his accent, but wrong guy for the part. The book is pretty much Rose and Dimitri's love story with some killing of Strigoi thrown in, the movie had them together maybe like 15 minutes total in the almost two hours.  There is plenty more that I could complain about but its not worth it, pretty much what I am getting at is that I was super disappointed and feel like I need to reread the book just to wash the memory of the movie out of my head.


No comments:

Post a Comment